About us and use of your information
We will meet the standards set out in this policy whether or not you become a customer. We will collect information about you in a number of ways. For example, you might give it to us, we might collect it through our communications with you, or it might be collected from our equipment.
We might also get it from companies that offer databases of information, or other third parties.
How we can use your information
We and our agents can use your information to do the following:
- Provide you the services you’ve asked for, which can include loyalty and
- Offer you services, accounts and products, again including loyalty and
incentive programmes. We can use an automated scoring system to help us choose what to offer you.
- Contact you to ask how we can improve the way we manage your account and provide you with services.
- Contact you to suggest ways you may be able to save money or energy.
- Create statistics, test computer systems and do analysis. The information
and analysis can include you and your household, your income and your
lifestyle. It can also include the way you use energy. We can use our analysis
to create profiles and marketing opportunities.
- Help prevent and detect debt, fraud and loss.
- Help us train our staff.
- We may contact you in any way about products and services we are offering.
This can include by email, phone or post.
We can monitor and record any of your communications with us, including telephone
conversations and emails, to make sure we’re giving you a good service and
meeting our regulatory and legal responsibilities. If we contact you to tell
you about offers, when possible we’ll try to do it the way you have requested you would
prefer to receive marketing information. If you decided not to purchase a product from us,
or if you do not use our products, we may still keep your information.
We may then contact you to tell you about offers, that might interest you. We keep all information for 6 years, after which it is destroyed.
Sharing your information with other organisations
We may let other people and selected partner organisations use our information
about you. We and those other people and organisations can use information
about you for the following purposes:
- To provide services you have asked for. This can mean giving information
to members of your family or household. It could also mean giving information
to anyone acting on your behalf, other people who might be interested, or those
who introduced you to us such as a landlord or letting agent.
- To offer you products and / or services that we feel will give you the opportunity to
save money based on the information you have provided or we have received.
• As part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
- To help prevent and detect debt, fraud or loss. This can include giving
information about you to a credit-reference agency.
- To transfer some or all of a debt you have to another organisation.
- To provide information for legal or regulatory purposes (for example, if another
regulator or a lawyer asks for it).
- In any current or future legal action.
- To take part in any data-sharing initiatives run by the government, regulators or the
industry (for example, initiatives meant to reduce fuel poverty, where
people can’t afford to pay for heating and electricity, or those to help groups of vulnerable customers).
- To help manage loyalty or reward programmes.
Our installation sub-contractor, may use your information to supply and install the goods you have purchase and complete any work under your guarantee.
They may also contact you to complete any case study you have agreed to.
Information you give us about other people
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm you have given them the
information in this document. You also confirm that they have given permission
for us to use their personal information as we’ve described here. If you give us
sensitive information about yourself or other people, you agree we can use
that information as we’ve described in this policy. If you give us sensitive information
about someone else, you confirm that they have agreed we can use the
information as we’ve described in this policy.
How you can see the information we have about you
You’re entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you, and to ask us to correct
any inaccurate information, there is no charge for this. For more information, please
contact our Privacy Team by writing to them at:
Wise Green Energy Limited
33 Whiffler Road
Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to any or all of the above at any time by writing to us or emailing us using the details above.